CBD, or cannabidiol, is a compound found in the cannabis plant. It is one of several compounds, known as cannabinoids, that can be extracted from the plant and used for a variety of purposes. CBD is non-psychoactive, meaning it does not produce the “high” associated with the use of marijuana.
There is increasing interest in the potential health benefits of CBD, and research on the compound is ongoing. However, it’s important to note that the FDA has not approved CBD for the treatment of any condition and it’s also important to consult with your healthcare provider before using it.
Here are a few potential benefits of CBD that have been studied so far:
- Pain relief: CBD has been shown to have pain-relieving properties and may be beneficial for people with chronic pain conditions such as arthritis, multiple sclerosis, and fibromyalgia.
- Anxiety and depression: CBD may help to reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression, by modulating the activity of neurotransmitters such as serotonin and dopamine in the brain.
- Insomnia: CBD has been found to improve sleep quality and reduce insomnia.
- Anti-inflammatory: CBD has been found to have anti-inflammatory properties, which may be beneficial for conditions such as acne, psoriasis, and eczema.
- Neuroprotective: CBD has been found to have neuroprotective properties, and may be beneficial for conditions such as Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and multiple sclerosis.
- Anticancer properties: CBD has been found to have anticancer properties, and may be beneficial for certain types of cancer.
It’s worth noting that more research is needed to understand the full potential of CBD and its mechanism of action, as well as to determine the optimal dosage and method of use.
Below is a list of some high CBD strains you can use yourself to achieve these benefits:
1. CBD Shark
CBD Shark is an 80/20 indica-dominant cannabis strain that offers an equal ratio of THC and CBD, a cannabinoid combination that helps patients treat an array of symptoms like pain, anxiety, and inflammation without the overly intoxicating effects induced by many high-THC strains. This clear-headed hybrid descends from a Shark Shock indica, but as for […]
CBD Mango Haze is a high-CBD strain released by CBD Crew in 2013. This pleasant and aromatic blend combines the tropical flavors of Mango Haze with the added benefits from high levels of cannabidiol. The buds of CBD Mango Haze express themselves with spicy and sweet notes reminiscent of mango, pineapple, and black pepper. Its […]
3. CBD Kush
From the collaborative efforts of CBD Crew and Dutch Passion comes CBD Kush, a hybrid strain with equal parts THC and CBD. Bred from Kandy Kush and an unnamed high-CBD variety, CBD Kush typically tests around 7% in both THC and CBD, which may benefit consumers with a low tolerance or those treating conditions such […]
From Barney’s Farm comes CBD Critical Cure (or simply “Critical Cure”), an indica-dominant strain that’s said to combine Critical Kush with a ruderalis variety. Because this strain typically contains about 8 percent CBD and 5 percent THC, Critical Cure can annihilate pain, stress, and inflammation with little psychoactive interference. The indica influence in CBD Critical […]